Thank you for your interest in serving in a board or advisory role for Hack Mental Health. Below you can find information about the expectation of roles and responsibilities for these roles, keeping in mind they may be customized to the expertise of the individual. Please also view our Hack Mental Health Mission and Vision.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
HackMentalHealth Board of Directors
The Board will support the work of Hack Mental Health and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by HackMentalHealth's CEO, the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. We will hold five positions on the Board at maximum. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements Hack Mental Health's strategic plan.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Hack Mental Health for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Approving Hack Mental Health annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members.
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Representing Hack Mental Health to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensuring Hack Mental Health's commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Hack Mental Health serves.
- Hack Mental Health Board Members will consider Hack Mental Health a philanthropic priority. They will either make annual gifts that reflect that priority, or assist in garnering financial support for the organization.
- Board terms/participation
- Hack Mental Health Board Members will serve a one-year term to be eligible for re-appointment in additional terms. Board meetings will be held semi-annually.
- This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Hack Mental Health's mission. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
- Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, academia, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- A commitment to and understanding of Hack Mental Health's beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Hack Mental Health beneficiaries.
HackMentalHealth Advisory Board
The Advisory Board will support the work of Hack Mental Health in a regular, committed role to give advice and support to a nonprofit's board of directors or executive staff. Unlike the Board of Directors, the Advisory Board has less directional influence over the organization. The Advisory Board will be led by a Chair of the Advisory Board, who is responsible for serving as the main contact with the Advisory Board.
We will hold five advisors in this position at maximum. Advisors are expected to be experts in their given field, with 10+ years of experience.
- Act annually in a significant way to support the organization's mission (e.g. expert advice, funding, fundraising).
- Schedule meetings on a regular basis with the HackMentalHealth CEO for counsel and advisory sessions.
- Allow the organization to publicize their name and participation on the Council, list name on letterhead and other communications
- Attend events such as the annual meeting and special gatherings
- Keep informed about plans, activities and needs of the organization